Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Races

This morning was the Capital City half marathon and Mascot Chase.  The Mascot Chase (kid's run) was first and was so much fun.  The kids lined up behind the mascots for a run around the block and most kids (including Doug and Greg, with a little help from me) passed them.  It was hilarious. 

Todd stayed at the start/finish to try and get some video.  I stayed with Greg and Doug took off by himself. Doug was loving it and came ready to run!  Here is Greg towards the finish line.  
After Doug finished and met up with Daddy, he got his medal and then talked to ALL the mascots.  I cannot tell you how much fun he was having.  He wanted to make sure he gave all of them a high-5.  He especially seemed to like Ronald, because he could talk back. 
But Krash is always a favorite too.  I love this picture.  Krash is quite the runner.  You may recall he was at the Home Run last year. 

As for me, the half went well.  I ran my PR of 2:06.  I was hoping to run under 2:10, so I was happy.  I'm not too sore yet, but tomorrow will be another story.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the removed post--I was signed in as Derek and not myself. Anyways, strong work Megan! I can only hope to get close to at 2:10 for my half in a few weeks. Why no picture of you running? : )

    ReplyDelete