Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Friendly Rescue

My usual morning routine starts with getting everyone fed.  I start with the boys and figure out if they want cereal or waffles.  Once they are working on their breakfast, I go take care of the indoor cats, and then go feed Casey (her food is in the garage) and Friendly (on the front porch).  Well yesterday and this morning Friendly wasn't there.  I was starting to wonder where she went, but didn't give it a whole lot of thought.  Then I realized today is trash day so I was quickly getting the bags out to the curb and the builder over at the spec beside us yells over to me "Do you have a cat".  Oh no.  I'm thinking, yes, I have 2, but he doesn't mean them.  He's talking about Friendly.  So I answer "well, it's a stray, but I feed it, why?" And he points to the roof of the spec, and sure enough Friendly was up there.  

Wet as could be since it has been raining for 2 days.  Poor thing.  So he leaves, and I go in and ask the boys if they want to see where Friendly is.  Sure do.  So we go out, but now instead of being WAY up on the roof it is starting to try and climb down towards us and is meowing at us.  Pitiful.  "Get the ladder, Mom" I hear.  Which is just great, because truth be told, I don't like ladders or heights.  But I go and get the ladder and climb to the tip top and bless that cat's heart, it comes right to the edge and meows, but trusts me enough to let me pull it down to safety.  I quickly fed the poor thing, and now it's sleeping in our garage.  

And since the other pets don't get much face time on the blog, I thought I'd put some pictures of them up.  Here's Casey:

Spoiled Chloe
And Chester.  He was half asleep when I took this picture, and as I am typing this he is still in the exact same spot sound asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment