Sunday, May 15, 2011

Running

These pictures didn't upload in the right order, but oh well. Last weekend was the kid's run and half marathon. This is at the end of the 1/2 with all of us sporting our medals from our races.

Here Greg gets a lift from Dad (for the picture) right at the finish line of his run. He did a great job running.
But the one who really surprised me was Doug. They had the kids line up by ages (with the older ones in the front so the little ones didn't get trampled.) Which left Doug somewhere in the middle. Todd lined up with the boys and I stood at the finish line to snap pictures. According to Todd, as soon as the "go" was given, Doug took off. The kids start on the road outside the stadium, and then turn into the stadium and run on the warning track. So when I saw some of the 12 year olds start coming in, I thought it would be a little bit until I saw my boys, and then I see my little guy with his white sweatshirt running in. He was so happy to be ahead of so many of the big kids. I was so proud of him!
I ran a 1:54, which is a new PR for me, although I was a little mad at myself because I really struggled in mile 11 and fell off my pace. Now I need to decide if I want to train for the full this fall or do a half again.

No comments:

Post a Comment