Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ocean Kayaking

Janet and Delmar agreed to watch the boys so Todd and I could go ocean kayaking.  Neither of us had done it before and we were excited about our chance to not only try it, but also to potentially see some dolphins.  Here we are getting our instructions.  I still wasn't sure what to expect at this point, so I am totally paying attention to our guide:


Turns out the day of our tour the ocean was really calm, and it was pretty easy to paddle out to sea.  As soon as we got out there, we saw dolphins.  I have to admit that we saw lots of dolphins from the beach near our beach house.  Janet even got a good shot of some of the dolphins, right Tina?  (ha, ha) But anyway, it was neat to see them from the kayak too.  
A boat came by and a bunch of the dolphins were jumping and playing in the wake, so once the boat left, it seemed all the dolphins were gone too.  We were getting hot, so the guides told us we could jump off and swim if we wanted.  I did, but Todd didn't want to get wet. The guides also were ready with the video camera to capture the return into the kayak.
So they had the camera rolling, but I had an uneventful/not funny entry back into the kayak.
We had a good time, but we both agreed parasailing is more fun.

1 comment: