Sometimes an event seems like a great idea, but doesn't go quite as planned. Like this years Red Nose Run. It's the kid run associated with the Marathon, and since I was running the 1/2 this year, I thought the kids would love being a part of things and running in their own run too. Well, here's how it went down. They split up each age group and then took them to separate areas to run. Makes sense since there are a lot of kids of all ages. But hard on parents if you have more than one kid. Luckily for us, Barbara and Charlie were also participating and Greg and Charlie were in the same age group area. So for Greg's run, I thought that Barbara could stand with him at the start and he could run to me at the finish while I got video of his race. But for some unknown reason, I didn't line myself up with him. I don't know why. It was busy, crowded and the video camera always makes me flustered. So bless his heart, he can't find me and cries. So I turn the camera off, and got him, and they had donuts for the race snack, so he was totally fine. Doug was also in a bit of a bad mood during his run, which I was lucky enough to catch on tape thanks to Greg and Charlie being fast little runners. Doug said he was sad because he thought he lost his race number. Who knows. But they do like their race medals, and they also enjoy watching the videos. I bet they really will when they are 16.
LPL Oklahoma City, OK Scholarships Tickets!
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment