I know Father's Day was last Sunday, but this picture was too cute not to post. Plus, Doug is making sure you see his new t-ball bat.
We have been doing a lot of reading for the summer reading program at the library. Doug likes it when he knows the book well enough that he can "read" to Greg. And last month Greg got rid of his beloved binky. One night he chewed a hole in the last one we had (I told him when he was 18 months we were not buying anymore) and threw it on the ground, and to my surprise, fell asleep. I forgot about the bink, but in the middle of the night I heard chewing - and realized Casey had found the bink. So I took it from Casey and fell back to sleep. In the morning, I showed Greg the destruction and we had a ceremony in front of the trash can where Greg said "bye bye bink". For the next month, we told him he would be able to get a big boy prize, and we were giving Doug the opportunity to earn one too, if he would be able to say "bye bye thumb". The threat of Greg getting a big boy prize and not him was too much for Doug to take. So with the help of wrapping his thumb in athletic tape, Doug has stopped sucking his thumb too. Here they are posing with their new prizes. (And yes, Greg has a helmet too, he just did not want to wear it for the photo op).



I love the picture of the boys reading books. How sweet!
ReplyDelete